Longstandiong WUNR Towers Down (No Scott Photos?)

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Dec 23 16:03:55 EST 2007

Laurence: As I have told you in at least three e-mails over the past
year or so, WUNR's signal to the north with the new 20 kW pattern will
be LESS than it was with the old 5-kW pattern. This signal reduction
is required by the ratchet rule to protect 1590 in Nashua,
notwithstanding that 1590 in Nashua now almost doesn't exist. It's
operating ND at low power from the site of co-owned 900. If the FCC
doesn't forget, at some point, I believe 1590 will either have to find
a way of getting a license (new CoL maybe) or go dark. (I don't know,
but I suspect that the STA operation does not meet CoL-coverage
requirements of Nashua even by day. The even-lower-power STA night
operation would be fine for a Class D AM licensed to Nashua because NO
nighttime coverage criteria exist for Class D AMs.)

WRCA is in the same fix with 1320 in Derry. It's new signals (both day
and night) from Sawmill Brook Parkway in Newton will be less than the
old 5-kW signal from South St in Waltham. In areas to the north and
northwest of the current Waltham site, WRCA will lose two ways: the
signals will be reduced AND the distance from the Tx will be greater.
Where I live, WRCA currently delivers more than 25 mV/m. The new
signals will be less than 5 mV/m. The loss in signal strength will be
much more than merely noticeable.

WTTT does not need to protect WMRD, the CT 1150, at night. WMRD is a
Class D; it's nighttime service is not protected from interference
from other stations.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367