Boston mag.: WTKK to go local with McPhee

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Dec 4 16:24:05 EST 2007

Bob Nelson wrote:

> I think WTKK will have about 13 hours of local talk (all consecutive hours) while WRKO will have 10
> (6 in the morning, then four hours of Howie after syndie with Rush) and WBZ has 9 hours of local talk from
> 8 pm to 5 am (Rea, then Leveille, with Rich on Friday nights)

Which adds up to 33 hours of local talk a day, which has got to put
Boston very much in the top tier of talk radio cities!

With WABC's nearly all-syndie schedule now (Imus, Rush, Hannity, Levin,
etc.), and WOR as the only real talk competition in the city, there's no
way NYC's total adds up to anything even close, and the picture in
Philadelphia and DC is even more bleak. LA is worse yet.

I haven't added up the numbers, but I'd guess Chicago (pretty much all
day local on WGN, plus strong local content on WLS) and San Francisco
(all local on KGO, plus some local shows on KSFO and KNEW) would
probably rank second and third in local talk hours, just on a hunch.