Radio connection to NH Clinton office hostage situation

The Seacoast TheSeacoast@maine.rr.com
Sat Dec 1 13:07:43 EST 2007

Both WMEX-FM and WTSN-AM 1270 carried the Channel 9 feed.  WTSN was
professional enough to ID themselves at the TOH and locally have one or two
of their news folks briefly summarize on the AM side as well as their FM
(WBYY).  Whereas, WMEX had bad hum on their audio of Channel 9 and went
right through the TOH with no id'ing.

SS

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nelson [mailto:raccoonradio@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:43 AM
To: Scott Fybush
Cc: Boston Radio
Subject: Re: Radio connection to NH Clinton office hostage situation

I knew that, as I had gone up to Rochester a couple times--in fact once I
walked into the WMEX building, curious about bumper stickers (more for
friends than myself).
They were running on automation and someone, Dennis I presume, was working
in an office. I told him I was a radio buff and was enjoying listening to
the station--he had no promo stuff though.

That building also may have had the studios for 98.7 The Bay and AM 1270,
too

Ch 9 in NH had good coverage on their stream.

Picture you're at the WMEX building on the corner of Wakefield St. and (I
forget the cross street). Across the street is a very small park next to a
bank and just beyond there is N. Main St.; Hillary and Obama's various
offices were on the other side (the newspaper, Foster's Daily Democrat, is
on same side of road a bit further up along with a riverside park and some
apartments). Across from Hillary's office was a Mexican restaurant, IIRC.