RKO's Digs At TKK

Ron Bello RBello@BelloAssoc.com
Mon Aug 6 10:24:10 EDT 2007

At 12:50 PM 8/5/2007, Larry Weil wrote:
>At 11:33 AM -0400 8/5/07, Ron Bello wrote:
>
> From August 1st Boston Globe:
>>Chevron Corp. took over the original Gulf Oil in 1984
>
>And I haven't heard any of them do a radio or TV commercial in
>years. It seems today the only advertising the oil companies do is
>sponsorships, they sponsor a golf tournament but no commercials
>telling you why you should spend your nearly three bucks a gallon at
>their station and not their competition.
>
>It's also interesting that for a number of years any Exxon gas that
>you've bought in New England has actually been from the new Gulf,
>a.k.a. Cumberland Farms.  I don't know how they could get away with
>this, apparently they have an agreement to use the Exxon name and to
>bill thru the Exxon/Mobil credit cards and Speedpass, but it still
>seems from the consumer's point of view to be false advertising.
>
>--
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

No deception, your government at work.

When Exxon and Mobil merged the government forced the sale of many of
their retail locations
to preserve competition.  The Exxon stations in New England and NY
were sold then and have
been resold several times since.  Part of the deal was rights for
10-years to use the Exxon name,
marketing, charge cards and SpeedPass.