RKO's Digs At TKK

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Sun Aug 5 08:44:12 EDT 2007

Counselor Ross noted -

> I remember the White Fuel sign.  I think it was there well into the
> '60s.

actually, it was there well into the 70's - maybe 80's.  that was atop the
Leavitt Hall building.  one of my engineer friends (nameless as to not sure
of the statute of limitations) took a box of the big bulbs that were stored
at the base of the sign.  those bulbs have helped to illuminate many an "on
air" light at radio stations where the staff was appreciative of the bulbs'
significance.  he didn't use them in every station - just the ones' where
the staff knew of the sign or the building.  he was very much a proud Grahm
grad.

- -Chuck Igo