Herald Inside Track hints that 96.9 covets D&C

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Apr 20 03:08:04 EDT 2007

Radio Equalizer blog pointed out this item in the Herald's Inside Track...the latest in the "someone trying to steal D&C away from WEEI" rumor mill. Or is it just a contract ploy?

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=195733&srvc=home

"Our spies around the dial report Greater Media boss Peter Smyth is 'still bitter' about losing the Red Sox to ’EEI, and began to explore ways to woo the sports station’s top-rated morning men away from Entercom months ago.
'He either wanted to start up an FM sports station or go guy talk on WBOS or get rid of Imus altogether,' said Someone Who Knows. 'They hadn’t been happy with Imus or his ratings for some time. And (Mike) Barnicle isn’t the answer.'"

Though I thought I read that Imus was ranked 11th in Boston...? (which may not sound like much but that's
among all stations and some pretty tough competition. Now if they had been ranked 25th...)

And as we all know, John and Gerry are very polite people who never say anything controversial
and don't even get into politics at all, right? (/ sarcasm )