WTIC: 50 years of wearing the same Sox...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:13:01 EDT 2007

Tonight on Red Sox radio they saluted the fact that WTIC's first game as a Red Sox affiliate was 50 years ago exactly (a loss to the Yanks in extras). Arthur Dean, hope I got the name right, was in the booth with Castiglione and O'Brien. They did acknowledge that the Yankees were hoping to switch WTIC over to their network but they decided to re-up with the Sox, "hey it's a tradition".

And it was said "before, Hartford was the dividing line between Red Sox and Yankee fans. now it's maybe New Haven..."

thanks to a station like WTIC I can hear the Sox while traveling in Ohio, western Penn., etc.!