Don Imus Gets 2 Week Suspension

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Tue Apr 10 16:01:18 EDT 2007

Sid Schweiger wrote:
> I thought Imus was a good deal smarter than to walk head-first into a
> setup.  There was nothing he could have said or done to get himself off
> the hook with Sharpton or Jackson, and Imus should have known that.

I think that Imus caught Sharpton off-guard with his contrite
presentation.  Notice that the first segment ended with "Imus showed up,
y'all" (and that even was captured by Drudge).

Sharpton exited the studio during that and subsequent breaks, likely for
more than a coffee refill but for a strategy-huddle. Anyone who has ever
interviewed guests where it is contentious knows that you stay put if
you really do intend to "keep it real."

Bill O'Neill