Don Imus Gets 2 Week Suspension

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Apr 10 15:33:37 EDT 2007

>>I suppose the one thing that offended more was that the loudest mouth
piece
making noise was that professional victim Al Sharpton.  I find any of
his
demands for apology and reparations, particularly that Imus should be
fired,
to be equally offensive.  To Al I only have two words: Tawana Brawley.
don't recall much of an apology or demands he be defrocked there.<<

Nor have I heard Jesse Jackson apologize to Jews for his "Hymietown"
remark.

>>As far as Imus, I think that he was an idiot for saying it and a
bigger
idiot for going on Sharpton's show for redemption.  I can only wonder
how
much Sharpton tried to shake him down for, much like Jessie Jackson
does,
for "redemption".<<

I thought Imus was a good deal smarter than to walk head-first into a
setup.  There was nothing he could have said or done to get himself off
the hook with Sharpton or Jackson, and Imus should have known that.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379