Rumba: no ratings, but ad money?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Apr 9 07:29:30 EDT 2007

That would be TRL Latino.  This countdown started up a couple of years
ago when the Reggaton music craze swept the US Hispanic community.  The
show is popular on Spanish CHR's and English language rhythmic CHR's in
heavily hispanic markets.  The English/Spanish mix in talkups is by
design, as the show targets second and third generation Hispanics 18-34
who are equally versed in both languages.

This show is an offshoot of the TRL Weekend Countdown, which MTV has
syndicated for several years now. There are mainstream and rhythmic
versions of TRL.  It's not nearly as popular as Rick Dees or American
Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest.  At this point I think TRL Latino may have
more affiliates than it's mainstream English language counterpart.  I
think they have affiliage

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"