Rumba: no ratings, but ad money?

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Fri Apr 6 16:57:50 EDT 2007

WNNW-800 also runs a Spanish-English hybrid Top 30 show put out by MTV each
Saturday. Even the DJ will freely mix English and Spanish in her monologue,
and the 30 hits are about 60/40 English Language

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry, New Hampshire

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Laurence Glavin
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 2:57 PM
To: Larry Weil; 'Bob Nelson'; 'BostonRadio Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Rumba: no ratings, but ad money?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Weil"

Two ethic outlets DID show up in the ratings:  WUNR-AM 1600 COL Brookline
and WNNW-AM 800 (1/2 the wavelength of the former) COL Lawrence.  WUNR has
some programs in Creole French, WNNW is almost all Spanish...the only
exception: commercials in English!  I think it's a bit strange that WRCA-AM
1330 COL Waltham doesn't appear on the list;  it has a solid signal over
the urban area it serves.  It's owned by a conglomerate,
Beasley Broadcasting, that owns mainstream outlets elsewhere.  Do
you think it might do better than WXKS-AM/WKOX did if they picked up
progressive talk?

=
Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com