Rumba: no ratings, but ad money?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:56:30 EDT 2007

>>The Boston ratings published to the general public online
only show stations which achieve an 0.4 or better.

I've heard about "stations getting an asterisk in the
ratings" meaning they were too low to be published so
they were marked thusly (*)...
but, good point.

> Two ethic outlets DID show up in the ratings:

Yes, I think I had said in my post that these stations
have either no ratings or "_lackluster_" ratings...
something like that.

>>I don't think brokered stations
are as concerned about their overall ratings as long as
the programmers still feel that they have listeners, are
getting sponsors for themselves, and continue to pay the
stations for the airtime.

Yes. As far as language is concerned, by the way, I
think WKOX and WXKS run some ads in English.
I was scanning the dial and heard an ad in English
on one of the Rumba stations  then some kind
of announcement that said "This traffic report
brought to you by..."--followed by an announcer
in Spanish. Though I thought he was mentioning what he
was going to play rather than giving a traffic
report. As the old Wall of Voodoo song "Mexican Radio"
said, "No comprende, it's a riddle..."