Jim Rome axed at WAMG

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Apr 9 13:57:07 EDT 2007

It looks like Jim Rome is the odd man out with the move of Mike Felger
to 3-6pm on 890 ESPN.  To keep ESPN Radio's Dan Patrick on the
schedule, WAMG is now running the full three hours of Colin Cowherd
10a-1pm, then Patrick from 1-3.  While Rome's show was an acquired
taste, I liked it better than either Cowherd or Patrick, neither of
whom have much of an edge to them.   Rome was a good alternative to
WEEI, which I like in the midday but you tend to get the gist of Dale
and Holley's four hour show after only 20 minutes of listening.

I just took a look at Rome's website and there's nothing on the loss of
WAMG mentioned.  His affiliate list also includes WNNZ/Springfield
which also recently dropped his program when CC LMA'd the station to
WFCR.   Outside of a handful of stations in Maine, his show is not
heard anywhere in New England.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"