credit where credit is due

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Sat Sep 23 17:15:58 EDT 2006

Donna Halper wrote:
> Okay fine, it's not top 5, but in a market dominated by 5 colleges, I
> think they made the right move and it seems to be paying off-- they
> run a lot of local features, lots of local news, and progressive talk,
> and every time I listen to them, they are nearly sold out.
I have been surprised to see that AAR has tanked in the
Burlington-Plattsburg market.  Besides being, well, Bernie's back yard,
there's UVM, Champlain College, etc.  One possibility is that none of
the stations that have run the network have any local presence
whatsoever. Just glorified repeaters.

Bill O'Neill
Shoreham, Vt.