credit where credit is due

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Sep 23 17:33:53 EDT 2006

At 05:15 PM 9/23/2006, Bill O'Neill wrote:

>I have been surprised to see that AAR has tanked in the
>Burlington-Plattsburg market.  Besides being, well, Bernie's back
>yard, there's UVM, Champlain College, etc.  One possibility is that
>none of the stations that have run the network have any local
>presence whatsoever. Just glorified repeaters.

AFAIK, in that market they have been on weak signals, keep switching
stations, some of them daytimers, etc..  I'de be surprised if many
people even know where to find them on the dial.  Have they done any
advertising, or do they just expect people (many of whom don't even
consider AM) to find them while tuning around?

Regardless of the potential audience, there still needs to be
marketing and a good, consistent signal.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH