WKZE-AM Mystery Solved (Maybe)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:07:33 EDT 2006

On  a weekend trip to western Mass, upstate NY and part of CT, I noticed
that WKZE-AM 1020 COL Sharon, CT was missing.  I also posted this
observation at the Albany market board of radio-info.com
and a reader mentioned that WKZE-AM's on-air appearances are indeed
sporadic. One interesting fact:  it's listed as the Air America Radio
affiliate for Poughkeepsie, NY.  I believe the tower is just over the CT/NY
state line in the town of North East, NY, but even at full power, I imagine
the signal would be weak in Poughkeepsie.  According to the radio-info.com
replier, WKZE AM&FM were sold some time ago, and WKZE-AM has not been
all that assiduous about follwing FCC rules!