Changes Coming At WEIM?

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 17:20:52 EDT 2006

  This past Friday (9/29) longtime WEIM (1280 Fitchburg) morning host Ray C.
hosted his final morning show. Scott Fybush had reported in one of his
recent NERW' that he would be moving to nights, which it appears will take
place tomorrow (Monday 10/2), his new hours will be 6 to 8 PM Monday-Friday,
along with a Sunday morning show from 9 to 11 AM. I don't know if Ray C's
show in it's new time slot will be all music or the mix of talk and music
that has been a mainstay of his long run in AM drive.

   I went to check out WEIM's website to see if there was any more info as
to who will be taking over the morning slot and found that they have a new
url (www.am1280theblend.com) which is just showing a page touting the
arrival of "AM 1280 The Blend" on 10/2/06 with a countdown clock showing the
hours and minutes left till the launch at 6AM Monday.

  Seems that owner William Macek has big changes in store?

Mark Watson