Changing frequencies - changing transmitters? Power?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Sat Nov 18 13:47:08 EST 2006

<<On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:32:13 -0500, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> If a move [of WCRB] back [to the CBS tower] was even theoretically
> possible (meaning if there was room on the TV tower and the tower
> could support the antenna and transmission line), it probably
> wouldn't have been economically justifiable.

It certainly is theoretically possible, since they were talking about
putting a master FM antenna up there.  There's certainly space in the
building.  I think that plan was conditional on 89.7 being able to
move from Great Blue Hill without losing its grandfathered facilities;
presumably at least Mix would have gone up there as well, and probably
aux facilities for the other CBS FMs.

-GAWollman