Changing frequencies - changing transmitters? Power?

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Nov 20 01:52:35 EST 2006

On 18 Nov 2006 at 7:32, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> IMO, WCRB's current signal from FM-128 is not as good as was the
> signal from the WBZ-TV tower. I think it's too bad that WCRB couldn't
> or wouldn't move back after the work on the TV tower was completed.
> I'm sure that the move to FM-128 was expensive and the move back to
> the TV tower would have been even more expensive; FM-128 already had
> an antenna that WCRB could use, after the TV tower was rebuilt, there
> was no such antenna there. If a move back was even theoretically
> possible (meaning if there was room on the TV tower and the tower
> could support the antenna and transmission line), it probably wouldn't
> have been economically justifiable.

I don't know, but when they moved to FM-128, I noticed an improvement
in my office downtown, mainly in less noise from images.  But that
didn't last.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581