Election coverage review

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu Nov 9 13:24:35 EST 2006

<<On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:05:25 -0500, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> said:

> I think Garrett and I need to trade NPR outlets - WXXI went to the usual
> BBC WS at midnight, and I'd have MUCH rather heard the all-night NPR
> coverage from Washington

I didn't think there was anything *wrong* with NPR coverage; I was
just tired of "all election news all the time" after having seen seven
hours of it on TV when I went to bed at 3 AM.  There wasn't any more
news to report in the next half-hour I was awake; they were just
rehashing the remaining "too close to call" races, none of which were
decided until after sunrise.  (Some of them may stil be undecided.)

The MSNBC coverage, for what it's worth, reinforced my dislike of
Chris Matthews.

-GAWollman