depetro comments

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Nov 5 12:50:48 EST 2006

I don't think lesbian is a term that is only used by members of the
homosexual community.  It is an acceptable word.

I would also feel differently about this if the person mentioned was not a
candidate for office and/or was not openly gay.  If the host had attacked a
private or even semi-private person and/or outed someone that would be
different to me.

By the way -- the Green Party candidate in Maine is long time radio
personality Pat Lamarche.  She has been on a number of stations as Jenny
Judge and used to be the liberal co-host of the morning talk show on WGAN.
She left that job after being arrested for driving drunk.  She resigned
without telling her employer why and then tried to unresign when her arrest
came out.  In this race, she is expected to place fourth with between 5 and
9 percent of the vote.

Another candidate in the Maine race, Phillip Napier was shot by police and
did prison time a few years ago due to the same incident.  He was included
in 2 of the 4 televised debates and some people wonder why he was included
in any of the debates for reasons such as those suggested by Depetro.
Napier is expected to get 1 percent of the vote or less.

In the interest of full disclosure -- I am legal counsel for the campaign of
Chandler Woodcock, the Republican nominee in the race.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine