WKOX

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Fri May 19 18:16:21 EDT 2006

<<On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:21:38 -0400, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> However, Scott Fybush's Tower Site of the Week this week suggests
> that WKOX IS pushing ahead with the install of a new 10 kW
> sold-state AM Tx

No "pushing ahead" about it.  The transmitter has been installed and
on the air for some weeks now.  It's a BE AM10A.

> Does that mean that 100 Mt Wayte will become WKOX's back-up site?

I would be surprised.  The new transmitter fits in a single rack;
there would be no difficulty moving it to any other 1200 site in the
country (including Oak Hill if necessary), and it's modern enough that
it can easily be retuned.

-GAWollman