WMGX Portland to Flip Formats

Stephanie Weil stephanie@gordsven.com
Thu Mar 9 16:53:39 EST 2006

On Thu, March 9, 2006 15:32, Doug Drown said:

> Schenectady, which until a year ago had been known to viewers for over six
> decades as WRGB

No, I'm sure most people in Schenectady call it "Channel 6"

>> This is also a nascent trend on TV as well, with Boston's channel 4
>> trying
>> to 'hide' their *legal name*, WBZ-TV Channel 4, under the "CBS 4 Boston"

It's easier to remember just the dial position or the network that is on
that particular transmitter.

Aside from Channel 4, I don't really know many of Boston's TV
transmitter's call signs.  I just call them Channel 2, 4, 5....etc.  Other
people call them CBS, NBC, Fox....

What the hell is a WBMX FM?  I'm sure most people just know it as 98-5 or
Mix 98-5 (or even Mix 98).

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, NY, USA