WDRC-FM flips back to conventional oldies

Rick Kelly rickkelly@gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:22:07 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, David Tomm <nostaticatall@comcast.net> wrote:

> This seems odd, especially when they were up over a half point in the
> latest trends released yesterday.  Buckley either pulled the plug too
> early or they were getting unfavorable feedback from advertisers and
> agencies.

Could be, there is SOME evidence that the pendulum could swing...
Scott Shannon has been out spoken about how scared oldies stations
have gotten to actually play oldies.  From my casual listening
experience, his "True Oldies Channel" has a wider variety of music
(than say, WODS) is up tempo and well imaged.  Scott as the sole jock
24/7 is a bit tedious, though.

--
-RK