WATD cut out by WCRI tonight in Somerville

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Wed Jul 26 11:39:20 EDT 2006

<<On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:35:45 -0400, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> When the spacing rules were originally established, I believe Class
> As were limited to 1 kW at 250'. Today, a full Class A is allowed 6
> kW at 328', but I don't think the minimum spacing was increased when
> the maximum power/HAAT were increased.

The current standard for A-to-A co-channel spacing is 115 km (about 71
mi) per 73.207.  The minimum spacing for 73.215 processing is 92 km
(57 mi), and the interfering station's F(50,10) 40 dBu contour must
not overlap the protected station's F(50,50) 60 dBu contour (for all
pairs of co-channel stations, in all classes except B and B1, for
which the 73.207 spacing is not met).

-GAWollman