MyTV joins MyNetwork

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Sat Jul 22 14:58:28 EDT 2006

<<Since "major" network affiliations exist in markets as close
> as Boston/Providence,  Springfield/Hartford and many more, wouldn't
> it be a better bet for 50 to affiliate with CBS, NBC or Fox?>>

Good question --- and one which raises a couple more.  I understand that
WMUR-TV was originally a CBS affiliate, but switched to ABC back around 1960
or thereabouts.  The station has changed hands twice in the past thirty
years; with each change in ownership, have the other networks tried to wrest
it away from that ABC affiliation?  And . . . Why ABC?  It gives the network
a very advantageous toehold in the state.  (I guess if I were an exec with
Disney/ABC, I'd have my answer right there.)

-Doug