MyTV joins MyNetwork

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Jul 22 13:33:12 EDT 2006

I recall that several years ago, channel 21 in Concord, NH became an
affiliate of the CBS Television Network.  It made sense to me;  why
should a UHF station in the Manchester Metro Market try to compete with
channel 9 with movies and reruns?  Channel 21 also tried  to include
local news in the mix, but didn't have the financial wherewithal to carry
on.   Since "major" network affiliations exist in markets as close
as Boston/Providence,  Springfield/Hartford and many more, wouldn't
it be a better bet for 50 to affiliate with CBS, NBC or Fox?