Could we see ESPN 1260?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:45:39 EDT 2006

Good point. I will say 1260's signal is better than that of 890/1400.
If ESPN did move to 1260, Radio Disney could turn up at 890/1400 or
maybe even 1510 if Sporting News
Radio goes out of biz.

Yes the national advertisers are happy but how about the local ones?
ESPN at 1260
could hire Felger to do his afternoon show, on a stronger
signal...Anyway, it appears to be happening in Cleveland and I wonder
if it'll happen here.

by the way, some format similarities in Boston and Cleveland:

850: Sports (WEEI Boston, WKNR Cleveland)
99.5: Country (WKLB Lowell, WGAR Cleveland)
1260: Radio Disney (WMKI Boston, WWMK Cleveland)
89.7: Public (WGBH Boston, WKSU Kent OH)
100.7: Rock (WZLX Boston, WMMS Cleveland)