Could we see ESPN 1260?

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 14:00:39 EDT 2006

It's possible, but unlikely at this point.  ABC decided to keep their
Radio Disney O&O's along with their ESPN Radio affiliates when they
sold off their other properties.  I doubt they're giving up on the
Mouse.  Right now ABC has 24/7 clearance for ESPN Radio in Boston,
despite 890's signal issues in the 'burbs.  That alone should keep
their national advertisers happy.  There would be no real reason to
switch.  However, with Jessamy Tang running WAMG into the ground before
it ever got started and WWZN on life support--ABC could revisit the
issue if both 890 and 1510 ditch sports down the line, which could
happen sooner rather than later.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"