W1XAL shortwave station in Boston

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Jul 8 15:28:12 EDT 2006

At 10:59 AM 7/8/2006, Doug Drown wrote:
>I remember WRUL from years ago.
>
>Your question, Joe, raises a larger one in my mind.  I've pretty much lost
>track of the shortwave world in recent years; I know the VOA still exists
>(despite the present Administration's desire to see it downsized, if not
>eliminated), and I know the CBC still has a world service.  Other than that,
>I have the impression that North American SW consists largely of religious
>and ethnic programming.  Am I wrong?

There are also stations with fringe political programming, such as
the one on 7415 from Maine.

The shortwave station from Boston that was prominent for many years,
but which has not been mentioned in this thread so far, is Monitor
Radio, which broadcast from the Christian Science Center on Mass. Ave..

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH