No Sign Of Life On Sawmill Brook Parkway

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Jul 6 12:53:41 EDT 2006

At 11:42 AM 7/6/2006 7/6/2006, Dan Strassberg wrote:
>I believe that Scott reported several weeks ago that trailers were on site
>to house some of the equipment from the building during renovations. I don't
>know whether he actually saw the trailers or was merely told of their
>presence, but your report seems to contradict his report--although I could
>be incorrectly remembering what he said.
>
>The building renovations sound umm, interesting. Supposedly, space inside
>the building will be so tight that the one 50-kW and two 25-kW solid-state
>transmitters were selected in part on the basis of small footprint.
>(Earlier, Bob Bittner, who once worked at WUNR, told me that space in the
>building should not be a problem, especially if there are to be no studios
>on site.)

Space might not be a problem, but cooling might be.  With that many
high-power transmitters in one building, things could get mighty hot
if there is not adequate ventilation and cooling.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH