No Sign Of Life On Sawmill Brook Parkway

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Jul 6 11:16:11 EDT 2006

I'm taking a few days off this week and happened to be renting a
car for my July IVth trip.  Since I had miles to kill on the vehicle
when I got back, I decided to go down to the controversial
tower site on Sawmill Brook Parkway in Newton's Oak Hill section.
The somewhat impressive WUNR-AM 1600 towers are still there, but it
appears that not a single blade of grass has been disturbed on the
property itself.  Of course, I can't tell what manner of electronics may
be in the process of being installed in the blockhouse, But apparently
no tower-oriented construction has even begun yet.