WWBI - WBVT clarification

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 13:27:46 EST 2006

A few further clarifications here.  WWBI was, indeed
W27BI-LP when it first signed on.  Further, W27BI was
the original UPN affiliate for Plattsburgh/Burlington
in the late 90s, and WBVT-CA (don't remember their
original -LP calls) was originally the WB affiliate
for Burlington/Plattsburgh (at this point was likely
the time when WWBI had Montreal cable coverage, as
several on air commercials advertised Quebec
businesses).  Just before I moved out of Plattsburgh
after graduation, WBVT (WB affiliate for VermonT IIRC)
switched affiliation to UPN, at which point W27BI,
which by then was known as WWBI, switched to be an
affiliate of Pax.  I did not know what became of the
WB affiliation after this move, and as well all know
WWBI was recently sold to Daystar.

    An aside to this topic - apparently WWBI, even as
a low power UHF that I could barely get at my old
apartment right in Plattsburgh, was/is vieweable in
Montreal, 64 miles to the north.  I learned of this on
a DTV discussioin board from Canada, and to this day
am amazed by it considering how poor our recption was
just a few miles from their xmtr.

                                Matt Osborne
                                Schenectady, NY