UPN, WB to merge (affect on 38, 56?)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:46:19 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> 27 has always been a Plattsburgh-licensed LPTV

> 39 was the key station in the UPN LPTV network. It was WBVT-CA, then
> went through bankruptcy and was off the air for a while, then
> returned as WGMU-CA. I think it's on the air now. Maybe BillO knows
> for sure...?

Thanks for that info! I remember seeing them on the cable lineup of my
motel in the Burlington area, and they had ads in the local papers
(Seven Days, etc.)

By the way, WSBK/38 is currently billing themselves as "The U", as in "UPN-38:".
Will that change once that net is defunct? :)
Not the only station to bill themselves that way. Chicago's WCIU-TV 26
calls itself
"The U" (and runs syndie stuff, sports, etc.--and funny horror movie host
Svengoolie. BER-wyn! I had gotten some tapes of that show from a trader.)