UPN, WB to merge (affect on 38, 56?)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jan 24 12:42:11 EST 2006

>Didn't Burlington used to have two stations, one UPN and one WB? I
>seem to remember a Ch 39 and a Ch 27 and one went silent or
>something (a quick look at TVRadioWorld site says that Ch 27 is now
>an LPTV licensed to Plattsburgh NY). But I do remember a Ch 39 being on
>when I visited the area years ago...and heard something about them
>going dark...

27 has always been a Plattsburgh-licensed LPTV, with the WWBI calls
(formerly W27BI, if memory serves). Daystar bought it last year, and
it's now religious. It had been doing WB, then Pax after WFFF got the
secondary WB affiliation. It even had Montreal cable carriage for a time.

39 was the key station in the UPN LPTV network. It was WBVT-CA, then
went through bankruptcy and was off the air for a while, then
returned as WGMU-CA. I think it's on the air now. Maybe BillO knows
for sure...?