Two more markets I overlooked in the UPN/WB merger...

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jan 24 12:59:04 EST 2006

Springfield cable customers get WSBK for their UPN and a cable-only
"WB 100+" affiliate called "WBQT" for WB. My guess is that those
cable-only affiliates will slide over to The CW, and WSBK will stay
on the system as an indie.

And since the Albany market extends into New England, it should be
noted that Tribune's WEWB 45 (WB) will keep The CW affiliation,
leaving newcomer WNYA (operated under an LMA with CBS affil WRGB) as
an indie in a precarious position.

As for Bangor, they get WSBK on cable for UPN and they have a
cable-only WB affiliate, which will probably go to The CW.