Scott's Shots: Sox gone from 38

Jeremy Mixer mixer893@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 12:19:19 EST 2006

Bob wrote:

> I remember hearing that the Indians were going to
> all-Cable...and the
> Celtics and Bruins are both all-cable, aren't they?

The Bruins are on NESN exclusively. . The Celtics are
on Fox Sports New England exclusively.

I beleive NESN is actually owned by both the Bruins
and the Red Sox. If I remember right, during the early
baseball season before hockey season is over with, if
the Bruins and Red Sox play at the same time there is
actually a second NESN that pops up somewhere.

 For those
> without cable
> (especially those who can't afford it) it's "go to a
> bar, or listen on
> the radio".

Exactly....I don't think the modern person really
wants to sit in their livingroom gathered around the
radio.

> right now by keeping it NESN only but they
> deprive the fans.

They seem to be completely shutting out those that
can't afford cable. Look at the recent high school
graduates and college students living on their own
that have grown up watching the Red Sox and now they
have to either dish out money they don't have for
cable or they have to go somewhere that does have
cable....I think it's not a good way to treat
dedicated fans that at least had their Friday games
broadcast before....

Ah, how money changes everything!

Jeremy