Scott's Shots: Sox gone from 38

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:45:52 EST 2006

On 1/5/06, Jeremy Mixer <mixer893@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I find it really sad that more and more sports
> broadcasts are starting to require fans to pay for
> cable in order to view any games

I remember hearing that the Indians were going to all-Cable...and the
Celtics and Bruins are both all-cable, aren't they? I do have cable
and NESN is on Expanded Basic
and certainly if it were still "$10 extra" I'd probably pay to have
it, but they really should be on free TV in some way--even just once a
week. Other than when they happen to be on
Fox's Saturday game of the week, this isn't going to happen. For those
without cable
(especially those who can't afford it) it's "go to a bar, or listen on
the radio".

One reason the current ownership group coveted the team was the
money-making potential of NESN and they're helping their own cause
right now by keeping it NESN only but they
deprive the fans.

--Bob