Scott's Shots: Sox gone from 38

Jeremy Mixer mixer893@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 05:13:53 EST 2006

I find it really sad that more and more sports
broadcasts are starting to require fans to pay for
cable in order to view any games. One of the many
things that takes "local" out of local broadcasts I
guess. I remember when WSBK carried all of the
Bruins games, and then half of them, now they carry
none.
Of course these were the days before the station had
any network affiliation. There's really not any
purpose
for Maine cable companies to even carry WSBK anymore.

I had a conversation last year with someone about how
great it was that WSBK was carrying Friday games for
the benefit of those who don't have NESN...so much for
that. I guess if you want to watch a Sox game, you
need to dish out the money for cable/satellite, or go
down to the local bar and spend more money there
just so you can see a game once in a while....

Jeremy