Globe: At radio deal's end, Sox may be in play

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Feb 1 11:07:09 EST 2006

At 09:09 AM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:41:11 Bill O'Neill wrote:
>
> > And WDEV-FM Warren, Vermont!  (There are locals but
> > 96.1's upgrade makes
> > it just about everywhere in north and central Vt.
>
>When exactly did this upgrade happen?  I remember back
>in 1996-98, as a student in Plattsburgh that WDEV made
>it there very decently (not super strong, but
>definitely listenable if you pointed your antenna
>correctly).  If they've upgraded since then, unless
>they went directional away from Plattsburgh, they must
>be blasting in there now

One area that WDEV-FM no longer reaches, however, is Colchester-Essex
Junction. Clear Channel put a translator on at 96.3 last year from
its studios at Fort Ethan Allen, boosting the 96.7 signal into
Burlington. It wipes WDEV-FM right off the map in that area.
Surprised the heck out of me when I was up there last summer, trying
to tape Music To Go To The Dump By...

As for Bennington, a good radio should be able to pull out WCBS there
even for Yanks day games. But why would anyone WANT to...? ;-)