Gary LaPierre Wraps Up 42 Years At WBZ

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Dec 31 15:32:38 EST 2006

Scott Fybush wrote:

> But the third time, Gary didn't want to make the trip down to New York,
> and persuaded ABC to let him originate the broadcast from Studio E at 1170
> Soldiers Field Road. ABC gave Gary money to hire a per diem writer to work
> with him in Boston on the broadcasts, and since I was Gary's writer at the
> time, I got to do the honors.

   And what an honor for someone who once climbed the fabled WCAP stairs on
Saturday mornings in the early 90's to write & report the news on the "Bill
O'Neill Show". Scott may be the only WCAP staffer who wrote material that
was read on Paul Harvey's news, albeit with Gary LaPierre filling in. To
quote Mr. Harvey: "Now you know....the rest of the story".

Mark Watson,
'Good Day!!"