Avi Nelson's Senate run

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Dec 29 12:01:12 EST 2006

>>'78 wasn't a Kennedy election year.  Nelson ran against Sen. Brooke,
too 'liberal' for conseratives, in the GOP primary.

Yes, now I remember. In '78 I was only 16 but I did kind of follow
the news and was slightly aware of him. He did say on the air that he
had run in the primary that year...a caller to him on WRKO ended
with, "Well, thanks for your run against Tsongas" and Avi corrected
him, saying that actually he DIDN'T run against Tsongas, he ran against
Brooke in the primary.

Interesting about Nelson's dog's name. It has been
mentioned btw that years ago both parties had liberal and
conservative wings. I am actually unenrolled but the majority
of my opinions are conservative, and thus people have said,
"You're a Republican". No, I was a Democrat and am now
unenrolled...