WLLH Lowell Transmitter Off The Air 10 Days Now

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Dec 28 17:00:41 EST 2006

This is at least the third outage of WLLH-AM's Lowell transmitter
under two owners;  and during the summer of 2005, it lasted
for weeks (this was during the Spanish-language WLLH era, pre-
sporstalk).  It's my observation that the WLLH transmitter in
Lawrence is not at full power because on a few occasions, it was
subject to interference from overhead transmission lines and faded out under
bridges as close in as parts of Salem, NH and Andover, Mass. I'm
pretty sure that sometime back, WLLH/Lawrence was strong enough
to overcome such interferers.  But you're in Lowell, and are
probably correct that the Lawrence stick is covering that city
at least during the daylight hours.

Mark Watson