Avi Nelson filling in for Howie Carr

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Sat Dec 23 16:50:02 EST 2006

I recall Avi holding down the 7 to 10 p.m. shift in 1991 and 1992 because he
used to attack Jerry Brown all the time which infuriated me ... :-) Happy
Holidays everyone!

Best,
Tony

Anthony Schinella
Station Manager/Program Director
WKXL 1450, Concord, N.H.
Award-winning news, sports, arts & community conversation
Blog: http://politizine.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:50 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Avi Nelson filling in for Howie Carr

As for other points in his career, he worked at WITS when it was doing talk,
and of course, he was also on the the old WEEI when it was owned by Helen
and Mike Valerio of Papa Gino's, circa 1983.  Nelson owned WMPF (Channel 62)
in Lawrence, and if I recall correctly, he was on WRKO several times-- in
its early days when it became an all talk station, and then later in the
80s, when he came back there and remained on the air into the early 90s.