bye bye Boston's progressive talk

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Dec 15 04:20:59 EST 2006

>Bob wrote--
>
>I'd wonder if WRKO would be interested in Stephanie Miller for that
>9-noon slot...
>
>And yes there could be some smaller stations that might pick up one
>of the Jones
>shows.

If I were a talk station in greater Boston, I'd wanna pick up Ed
Schultz, given that he is the most moderate of all the progressive
talkers, and as such, he might be able to attract the widest
audience.  He also does excellent interviews.  And yeah, somebody
ought to give Steph a try-- her show is entertaining no matter what
political persuasion a person might be.  I'm not sure many of the AAR
folks caught on here-- the folks at Boston's Progressive Talk told me
Al Franken had decent numbers for a while, but Ed and Steph had the
widest demographics (Steph was pulling in 18-34s, whereas Ed gets 25-54).

Looks like progressive talk radio in Los Angeles is going to get a
reprieve, but even with all of its faults, I'm gonna miss progressive
talk in Boston.  I still listen to the right wingers sometimes, but
it's nice to hear the other side and compare the way each spins the
same stories...I hope somebody picks up a few of the progressives--
Ring of Fire is an excellent weekend opinion show, and I thought
State of Belief was a very well done religious program...