WXKS-AM/WKOX-AM Ask For Votes On Programming

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:58:15 EST 2006

>> I still think the progressive format can work, but the way it
needs to be done is with a combination of live and local hosts and
the best of the national hosts-- Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller

Yes, and I've been mentioning the need for local hosts, too--in a
place like Boston I
couldn't see why they couldn't find somebody (pluck someone fresh out of college
radio, maybe) to get a show going. Of course they were committed to running
Miller, Franken, and Schultz so where could a local show go in the
lineup? (Unless
they put him/her on 3-6 pm and delayed Schultz). WRKO, WTKK, and WBZ
all have local hosts; WTTT* and the progtalkers did not (and I mean daily, not
weekly...)

*--did have Don Feder for awhile though IIRC