Antenna array

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 14 17:09:47 EDT 2006

I suspect you mean the field of  many towers (I counted 14)
(viewed from hill north of 2A, north of former theater).
Some local folks (I have asked many) seem to agree that it was built by a
ham radio operator,
and is no longer active.    I have not been able to learn the owners name,
or any way to contact.
It does appear capable of a tight beam, varible aim.

In my curiosity over the years, I scouted the site from Rt2, 2A, and
Horseshoe Drive (very near
array's northwest tip)

Specifically I observed the site center to be just west of due north of Rt2
intersection
of School Street and Weatherbee St.
(slightly west of the barn north of Rt2 with USA flag painted on west side),
and southwest in line with the east side of the former theater on 2A
(rear of min shopping center near the Minor Chord music store).
The theater was about opposite Bershaw Oil (on south side of 2A),
which is listed as 94 Great Road.

The layout was observed as an irregular 2 rows,
 with Azimuth line about 133 degrees,
and estimated center 42:28:31 latitude,  71:24:53 longitude (NAD27)
as plotted on via Topozone USGS.

   If this is  too much info,   well,  I am known for compulsive detail.

  PS the WBNW 1120 (former WADN)   site is off of rt62.
Thanks, Dan, I hadn't realized (& should have) the major protection is to
KMOX

Bob Sutherland