WCRB

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Aug 13 21:39:41 EDT 2006

I said awhile ago that if I tried to get WCRB on a Walkman, I'd
report on how it went.  I tried.  It was difficult.  I had to set the
Walkman for local reception, rather than DX reception.  And I had to
turn the dial carefully and try several times before I found WCRB.
The reception is fine, but it's hard to find, at least on an analog
Walkman.  I assume it might be easier with a digital Walkman.

On a trip to Western Massachusetts today, I noted that the present
WCRB signal reaches out to Worcester or thereabouts.  I think I
remember once picking it up in Chicopee on my car radio.  So I tried
the WKLB 99.5 signal.  I could hear that in Worcester, but not at a
quality that most people would want to listen to.  I suppose that is
the audience that WCRB will lose on 99.5.  Downtown Boston reception
will probably be better without all the images that prevail at 102.5.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581