Gr. Media Press release

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Aug 1 13:56:04 EDT 2006

On 1 Aug 2006 David Tomm wrote:

> GM is not preserving the Classical format.  Nassau is.  Smyth is just
> saying that it was important for GM to find a buyer who would preserve
> classical.

That's a quibble.  According to their press release, they made an
effort to preserve the classical format in Boston by looking for a
buyer who would do so, instead of just looking for the most lucrative
deal.  We had never previously had any indication that they cared
enough even to do that, and I wondered what their motivation was.

Then again, it's just possible that they all they did was look for
the most lucrative deal, and Nassau was it.  Then they decided to put
a better face on it for PR purposes by saying that they had looked
hard for someone who would keep the classical format.  It wouldn't
surprise me.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
15 Court Square, Suite 210         Fax: 617.742.7581