WHAV

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Sep 15 02:00:49 EDT 2005

On 15 Sep 2005 at 0:12, Bob Nelson wrote:

> There is a "WHAV.net" site which somebody stumbled upon (webcast
> station), and I notice they do have a nice history of WHAV (and
> "WHAV-FM", which later became WLYT and then WXRV):
>
> http://www.whav.net/vintage.html

That is an interesting site.  However, it's not quite correct that WHAV-FM returned to the air
in 1958.  When I got my first FM radio in December 1958, WHAV-FM wasn't there.  I first
discovered it sometime in 1959.   At that point, it was doing mostly separate programs from
WHAV-AM.  In fact, at first, I didn't realize there was a WHAV-AM.  The programming was
largely beautiful music.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581